All are invited to the second annual summer concert series in the churchyard of St. Peter’s. The outdoor concerts will be held on the fourth Wednesday of each month—June 24, July 22, and August 26.
Bring chairs, blankets, picnics, your kids, and your dog for live music and free refreshments! Come and enjoy the summer night with your friends and neighbors in this beautiful, historic churchyard.
7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 24
• Live music from the Alan Segal Jazz Quintet: Eddie Etkins (horn), Leon Jordan Sr. (percussion), George Sinkler (piano), Randy Sutin (vibes) and Alan Segal (Bass). These fine musicians have been performing in the tri-state area for many years, coalescing into the Alan Segal Quintet, playing the music they love – American Jazz in all its glory. See the website www.thejazzsanctuary.com.
• Free water ice and soft pretzels
• Donations will be collected to benefit the St. Peter’s Food Cupboard, which feeds more than 180 local families each week
7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 22
• Live music from the folk-rock Phillip Bennett Band
• Free hot dogs and lemonade
• Donations will be collected to benefit Seeing Youth Succeed, a program of Episcopal Community Services that provides individualized employment preparation programming for youth ages 14-23
7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 26
• Live music from the Joe Veltri Quartet. The Joe Veltri Quartet is an instrumental group primarily focused on playing music in the jazz idiom. Their repertoire ranges from compositions that date as early as the 1920s, to as recent as the 2010s. Much of that stockpile of songs includes music from the Great American Songbook, however the members of the ensemble also enjoy composing and performing their own compositions. Though with varying influences, each member of the ensemble comes with a single goal: to make a memorable and enjoyable musical experience. Members of the Joe Veltri Quartet have performed all over the Philadelphia area at private parties, and at venues such as Heritage, Time, Chris’ Jazz Cafe, World Cafe Live, and many more.
• Free ice cream
• Donations will be collected to benefit the Friends of George W. Nebinger School