Worship for the First Time
These doors are open to you. We welcome the faithful, the seeker, the doubter, for God’s embrace is wide and God’s good news is for all. Whoever you are, and wherever you find yourself on the journey of faith, you are welcome at St. Peter’s, just as you are, to receive the riches of God’s blessings so freely given.
If you are seeking a place to worship this Sunday, a church home for you and your family, or a community of fellow sojourners, please join us. As our vision affirms: St. Peter’s is a thriving urban parish whose members nourish one another in lives of faith, share the love of Christ, and serve the people of this neighborhood and City.
Information about our service times can be found here.
Top Ten Reasons Why You Might Like it Here
- You’re tired of simple answers to difficult questions.
- We worship in a stunningly beautiful 250 year old national landmark church, located in the heart of Center City Philadelphia.
- Our music will make your heart sing and your spirits soar.
- You’re looking for a community with people your age, but where not everyone looks the same, talks alike, and believes the exact same things.
- Provocative sermons you can actually remember on the way home.
- You not only want Jesus to be relevant to your life, but you want your life to be relevant to Jesus.
- You’re ready to make a difference in Philadelphia — more than just recycling and complaining about the schools.
- You’ve reached a point in your life where you’re interested in going to church despite the fact it will thrill your parents.
- Christianity-lite just isn’t doing it for you.
- God is waiting… with open arms.
Get to Know Us!
Watch this short video introducing St. Peter’s and its members.
Church, Churchyard, and Office
St. Peter’s is open for prayer and visits seven days a week. The church building is open from 8 am to 4 pm.
Tour guides are in the church to talk with you on Saturdays from 11 am to 3 pm and on Sundays from 1 to 3 pm.
The St. Peter’s Churchyard, a beautiful green oasis in the heart of Philadelphia, is open from 8 am to 4 pm most of the year, and until dusk over the summer.
The parish office is open from 8 am to 4 pm, and is located at:
313 Pine St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Parking is available on Sundays in the church’s parking lot. The entrance is located at 309 Lombard St. Also, SEPTA bus routs 12, 40 and 57 make stops at St. Peter’s.