Summer Concert Series: Live Music in St. Peter’s Churchyard
by Lauri Cielo
Free community concerts will feature live music and refreshments
PHILADELPHIA (May 5, 2014)—This summer, St. Peter’s Churchyard at 4th and Pine Streets in Society Hill will be filled with music at a free concert series. Everyone is invited to these community concerts, which will be held on Wednesday evenings on June 18, July 23 and August 13.
Bring chairs, blankets, picnics, your kids, and your dog for live music and free refreshments! St. Peter’s invites you to come and enjoy our churchyard—a green oasis with beautiful scenery and a rich history.
7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 18
- Live music from The Jazz Sanctuary’s Alan Segal Jazz Quintet
- Free water ice and soft pretzels
- Please bring your spare change for a coin drive to benefit Philabundance
7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 23
- Live music from rock band “What’s the Frequency, Kevin?”
- Free hot dogs and lemonade
- Donations will be collected to benefit Seeing Youth Succeed, a program of Episcopal Community Services that provides individualized employment preparation programming for youth ages 14-23
7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 13
- Live music from folk-rock singer-songwriter Phillip Bennett
- Free ice cream
- Donations will be collected to benefit the Friends of George W. Nebinger School
During each concert, the historic St. Peter’s Church will be open for free tours.
Visit www.stpetersphila.org for more information and rain date information.
ABOUT ST. PETER’S CHURCH
Founded in 1761, St. Peter’s is an active and growing Episcopal parish located at 3rd and Pine Streets in the Society Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia. The historic church was designed and built by architect Robert Smith on land donated by the Penn family.
The original high-backed box pews were frequented by George and Martha Washington, painter Charles Willson Peale, war hero Stephen Decatur, and Absalom Jones, the first black Episcopal priest. A vibrant community of faith for the past 250 years, St. Peter’s Church sponsors a food cupboard serving more than 180 families a week, an active choral program for children and adults, and numerous fellowship and education groups. Whoever you are, and wherever you find yourself on the journey of faith, you are welcome at St. Peter’s. For more information about St. Peter’s Church, visit www.stpetersphila.org or call 215-925-5968.
May 10, 2019
April 02, 2019
February 28, 2019