Bring chairs, blankets, picnics, your kids, and your dog for live music and free refreshments! Come and enjoy the summer night with your friends and neighbors in this beautiful, historic churchyard.
6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, June 15
• Live music from Magdaliz and Her Latin Ensemble Crisol (a.k.a. Trio Crisol). This Latin ensemble, founded in Philadelphia in 1996, is dedicated to the interpretation of a variety of folk and traditional music genres from all over Latin America and the Caribbean. Romantic Puerto Rican Boleros, energetic Mexican Mariachi music, feisty Cuban Sones, sensuous Colombian Cumbias, contagious Dominican Merengues, are among the many styles the band performs.
• Free ice cream sandwiches
• Donations will be collected to benefit the St. Peter’s Food Cupboard, which feeds more than 180 local families each week
6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 13
• Live music from the folk-rock Phillip Bennett Band
• Free water ice
• Donations will be collected to benefit Seeing Youth Succeed, a program of Episcopal Community Services that provides individualized employment preparation programming for youth ages 14-23
6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, August 17
• Live music from the Alan Segal Jazz Quintet: Eddie Etkins (horn), Leon Jordan Sr. (percussion), George Sinkler (piano), Randy Sutin (vibes) and Alan Segal (Bass). These fine musicians have been performing in the tri-state area for many years, coalescing into the Alan Segal Quintet, playing the music they love – American Jazz in all its glory. See the website www.thejazzsanctuary.com.
• Free ice cream
• Donations will be collected to benefit the Friends of George W. Nebinger School