Job Opening: Associate Rector
by Lauri Cielo
St. Peter’s Church in the City of Philadelphia is a church on a mission: To embody the love of God as Christ’s heart, mind, and hands. We are looking for an Associate Rector to help us grow more fully into our vision.
The Associate Rector will be primarily responsible for two aspects of parish life: Serving Others (outreach) and Christian Formation for all ages.
Oversee all current outreach initiatives for adults, children, and youth as well as explore new outreach opportunities, especially partnerships with other churches and organizations.
- Bring fresh vision and leadership to existing programs
- Support, nurture, and expand our Food Cupboard and its satellites, currently feeding over 200 families per week.
- Support our partnership with the Canterbury School in Guatemala City, and work with the Guatemala Partnership committee to plan and execute our yearly trip to the school.
- Working with the Director of Music, develop a plan for an after-school music/academic support/mentoring program for underserved children in Philadelphia.
- Engage parishioners in existing and new ministries.
- Bring fresh vision and leadership to existing programs.
- Work with the Adult Education Committee to plan Faith Matters, our weekly adult forum, as well as seasonal or occasional offerings (Lenten evenings, retreats, Quiet days, etc).
- Work with the youth group leaders to develop and implement an engaging program for our youth.
- Gather and lead a small group in developing and implementing an intergenerational Sunday morning offering.
Liturgical Leadership/Pastoral Care
Celebrate and preach regularly, working with the Rector and Director of Music to plan liturgy. With the Rector and a lay pastoral care team, provide pastoral care, including preparation for Baptisms, Weddings, and Funerals.
The Associate Rector reports to the Rector. S/he will have a performance review after 6 months and then annually thereafter.
This full time position is available beginning Sept. 1, 2015.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-starting, creative, warm and welcoming, and as good at implementation and organizing as they are skilled at vision and reflection. We are seeking someone who is eager to lend their talents to the development of a growing program sized parish that is missional and deeply engaged in our neighborhood and city. While the position is posted as primarily Christian Formation and Serving Others, there is some flexibility in specific ministry areas depending on the experience and passion of the successful candidate.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kate Randall, Parish Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 23, 2020
June 20, 2019
May 28, 2019