*Pre-registration is required for this class. Please register by emailing Rev. Sean at [email protected].
Feel rushed? The busy pace of life can be a source of chronic stress that can negatively impact our health, relationships, effectiveness at work, and our overall enjoyment of life. Mindfulness is a skill we can incorporate into nearly every aspect of our daily life to cope with stress, to help us see our lives more clearly, and to help us make the kind of conscious choices that are more self-affirming and supportive of our physical and mental well-being. Mindfulness increases our ability to focus our attention, empathize, communicate effectively, and to notice the simple joys that are in front of us nearly every moment of life.
During this 4-week mindfulness skills course, we will:
- learn the meaning of mindfulness
- discover how mindfulness impacts our stress physiology
- engage in a variety of mindfulness practices
- receive support for practicing at home
- explore how to use it in daily-life activities
- and experience the benefits!
Facilitator Robert Pileggi, MSS, LSW, is a social worker and psychotherapist who trained to teach meditation through the mindfulness institutes at Jefferson University and UC San Diego.