Congratulations on your engagement! We would be delighted to assist and support you in your marriage, and hope that you will choose to be married at St. Peter’s Church. To check availability for the date of your wedding, please contact Parish Administrator Kate Randall at [email protected] or 215-925-5968.
- To be married at St. Peter’s Church, you do not need to be members here; however, the Episcopal Church requires that at least one of the parties be baptized. We ask couples to attend three sessions of premarital counseling by a clergy person or qualified counselor prior to the wedding.
- A prior marriage and divorce is not an impediment to marriage. The canons of the church require the priest to receive written permission from the bishop in order to officiate. Generally, this is all fairly straightforward, but additional time must be allowed for the wedding preparations.
- Music Director Dr. Darryl Roland or Assistant Organist Matt Boatmon will be happy to perform for your wedding service and assist you in planning your wedding music. There is a wide variety of music available to help your ceremony have the dignity, festivity, and joy that you deserve.
- Photography and flower arrangements are welcome at the church. However, carpets or aisle runners, scattering of flower petals as well as extra candles, etc. are not permitted at St. Peter’s due to safety concerns. Please no flash photography.
- St. Peter’s Wedding Coordinator works with couples to ensure all aspects of the ceremony run smoothly from start to finish. The coordinator runs the wedding rehearsal along with the clergy. Couples should plan to meet the coordinator in advance to discuss any questions they may have regarding wedding day logistics.