Celebrate Christmas at St. Peter’s Church! All are welcome to join us for a festive Christmas service in our historic church in Philadelphia, and the many events during Advent.
- Children’s Christmas Pageant / 11 a.m. Sunday, December 17: Children of all ages are welcome to join us for a joyful, and slightly unpredictable, rendition of the story of Jesus’ birth.
- Lights of Christmas / 5-7 p.m. December 17 through 31: A 10-minute outdoor light show will play every evening, telling the nativity story accompanied by 2,000 twinkling LED lights. You can watch the show from the sidewalk along Third Street.
- Blue Christmas Service / 7 p.m. Wednesday, December 20: This is a simple service of prayer and reflection, a time to acknowledge our sadness and pain, to remember those we love who have died, and to offer it all to our great sign of hope, the Holy Child of Bethlehem.
- Christmas Eve Service / 5 p.m. Saturday, December 24: A family-friendly celebration of the Nativity of our Lord – with a children’s story in place of a sermon.
- Christmas Eve Service / 9 p.m. Saturday, December 24: A festive candlelight celebration of the Nativity of our Lord– with sermon, Holy Eucharist, and full choir. The service will begin with carols sung by St. Peter’s Choir and the congregation. The liturgy will begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Christmas Day Service / 11 a.m. Sunday, December 25: On Christmas morning we celebrate with a simple joyous service with sermon, Holy Eucharist, and congregational hymn singing.
How to Get Here
St. Peter’s Church is located at Third and Pine Streets in the Society Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia. A limited number of free parking spaces are available on Sundays and during services in the church’s parking lot, located at 309 Lombard St. Also, SEPTA bus routes 12, 40 and 57 make stops at St. Peter’s.
What to Expect
At St. Peter’s, we welcome the faithful, the seeker, the doubter, for God’s embrace is wide and God’s good news is for all. Whoever you are, and wherever you find yourself on the journey of faith, you are welcome at St. Peter’s, just as you are, to receive the riches of God’s blessings so freely given. Get to know the people of St. Peter’s>>
Children are welcome at all services at St. Peter’s. Relax! God put the wiggle in children. Don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house. Let your child use the floor and benches of the box pews as their own area. Standing on the benches allows children to see what’s going on. Learn more about St. Peter’s services and activities for children and families>>