Summer “Concerts in the Churchyard” Series
by Lauri Cielo
Bring chairs, blankets, picnics, your kids, and your dog for live music! Come and enjoy the summer night with your friends and neighbors in this beautiful, historic churchyard. There will be a food truck at each concert so you can purchase dinner while you enjoy the show!
6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, June 21
• Live music from the Jazz Sanctuary’s Alan Segal Jazz Quintet: Eddie Etkins (horn), Leon Jordan Sr. (percussion), George Sinkler (piano), Randy Sutin (vibes) and Alan Segal (Bass). These fine musicians have been performing in the tri-state area for many years, coalescing into the Alan Segal Quintet, playing the music they love – American Jazz in all its glory. See the website www.thejazzsanctuary.com.
• Revolution Taco food truck
6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 5
• Live music from the folk-rock Phillip Bennett Band
• Farm Truck Philly food truck
6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 19
• Live music from Trinidelphia: Trinidelphia has been pleasing audiences with their distinct combination of Caribbean and American styles for over a decade, after meeting in Philadelphia in 2005. Fusing Trinidadian Soca and Calypso with Latin Jazz, Reggae, Salsa, and American top-40, they have developed a sound all their own. Their unique and rhythmic arrangements of jazz and popular songs cast the steelpan in fresh new light, pushing the stylistic and artistic boundaries of an often type-cast instrument. Steel Pannist/Trumpeter Chris Aschman, Lead Vocalist/Drummer Shawn Hennessey, and Bassist Ian Rafalak, and Drummer Joe Truglio each add their unique “voice” to help add to the ensemble’s chemistry.
• Bonjour Creperie food truck
June 21, 2018
June 01, 2018
February 12, 2018